The timing for the new tenant to move into the building hasn’t been finalized, but it could be as soon as July 1st. What this means to ArtWorks is that we can join Bucketworks wherever they find a new home if it’s the right fit for ArtWorks' mission or ArtWorks can find a new home separate from Bucketworks. ArtWorks is taking this opportunity to assess space that will further the Artworks’ mission and allow the opportunity to increase the number of teens we can serve.
In the meantime, our summer internship programs, which begin the week of June 17, will proceed as planned. We are thankful of our partnership with MIAD, who's providing studio space for the summer “Celebrating Communities that Care” program. We have contacted our partner, Layton Blvd. West Neighbors (LBWN), for their assistance in locating studio space for our second summer program, which is a mural project in the historic LBWN neighborhood.
If you know of space that may be suitable for ArtWorks, we would love to hear from you! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 414-708-9996 any time.
- 1,000 sq. ft. plus of studio/meeting space (we are open to shared space as long as we can schedule the space when our programs are in session).
- 500 sq. ft of office/meeting space
- Storage space (for art sales inventory, etc.)
- On a bus line
- Safe and positive environment for our teens
- ADA bathroom
- Economical monthly rent (we have been fortunate to pay below-market rents through our arrangement with Bucketworks).