The program coordinator is responsible for the implementation of ArtWorks’ paid and unpaid arts internships for teens. Each year, ArtWorks offers ten or more internship programs with approximately 100 teens participating. ArtWorks engages teens through the arts, but the underlying goal of internships is to prepare youth for the working world.
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Part-time
Type of Employment: Direct Hire
Responsibilities:1) Program Implementation:
- Prepare paperwork and materials for interns for each program.
- Ensure intern compliance with payroll requirements (work permits, W-4’s, etc.).
- Support lead artist in delivering program plan with excellence and maximum impact for interns.
- Provide weekly program updates to the program manager.
- Coordinate and participate in four-week and eight-week intern performance evaluations.
- Coordinate program logistics, etc. with program partners and others as needed.
- Work with lead artist and volunteers to have interns and intern alums to create artwork and related products that can generate revenue to support future programs.
2) Program Evaluation/Ongoing Improvement:
- Participate in monthly program committee meetings and take notes.
- Work with program manager to identify and implement areas of program improvement.
- Work with program manager to plan and execute internship unveiling events.
3) Other Duties:
- Model the 21st Century Skills fundamental to ArtWorks’ skill-building model.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by the program manager.
Qualifications:- Experience working as a program or workforce development coordinator or arts educator with high school students in a school or after-school setting.
- Strong communication and coaching skills.
- Experience working in multicultural settings.
- Comfortable working in both independent and collaborative work settings.
- Familiarity with working in a nonprofit environment.
- Undergraduate degree in youth and/or workforce development, arts education/art therapy or equivalent experience in the field.
- Ease with technology including Google Docs, and other cloud-based software.
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends for program sessions and events.
To apply, visit: http://jobsthatserve.com/index.php?cmd=viewposting&id=17217
or email a resume and cover letter to MDobbs@artworksformilwaukee.org